×
A great loss and a great gain.

A great loss and a great gain.

It seems like ages since our last post. The holidays were GREAT! Ben and I celebrated with his side of the family while my family is spread across the U.S. I do have some sad news to share about the past holiday season. As I wrote in the past blog, my Aunt Linda passed away unexpectedly right before Christmas. Though this was a tough time for my step-mom, Bobbie, it somehow gave me the gift of family for the holidays.

My little brothers were able to come up to my house for a night while they were visiting for the funeral and we spent some time together. I love them so much and miss having them around. We went shopping, out to dinner and then came home and made homemade chocolate chip cookies. Ben played video games with them and then we snuggled up for bed. Having two young men running around made me feel very out numbered!
The boys playing on my i-pad
Since the funeral I have gotten to talk with the boys and even have plans of Steven coming up to visit this summer. Even good things can come from a loss. They are all back in Florida now, safe and back in school and work.

No comments

Copyright © Burman BragCREATED BY ThemeShine