×
Goodbye, Hello, New Dinner Idea and Football

Goodbye, Hello, New Dinner Idea and Football

Per usual I am filling this blog post full of Burman happenings and ideas! Follow along as I give you the short version of most things:

 
Goodbye: Steven left Indiana and headed back to Florida after spending over a month here! I will say that as a big sister it is always hard to watch a sibling leave. I must also say that Ben and I learned a lot about having "kids" around. We always thought the dogs were good practice, we were close but having Steven up was an eye opener! I think we all learned a lot about each other too!

 
Steven leaving at the airport!

Hello: When visiting my Aunt in Eaton I told her I was looking for a small table for my office which I was in the process of re-doing. Well she found one of my Great Grandma Minnie's tables in her basement and gave it to me. It needed some repairs and I then painted it black. It is really neat since my mom, aunt, grandma and I now all have a table from Grandma Minnie. It ended up being too big for the office, but I found a new place for it in the guest room.

 
Grandma Minnie would be proud.

New Dinner Idea: I was sitting relaxing this afternoon, watching the Olympics with Ben and exploring Pinterest. I came across this recipe and I just had to try it! Let me tell you- AuhMAZING. Tin Foil Dinner is where I got the idea- of course I made some changes.

 
Materials:
  • Foil
  • Grill
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb Ground Beef
  • 4 tbsp Heinz 57
  • 2 tbsp Grill Beef Seasoning
  • 4 Medium Potatoes
  • 1/2 White Onion
  • 1 Bag Baby Carrots
Directions:
Thaw ground beef and put in a large bowl. Add the Heinz 57 and Grill Seasoning (you can add more seasoning even other items!) I used my hands, works better than a spoon.
Set aside in the refrigerator while you cut the other items. Cut the potatoes into chunks, cut the onions into chunks, and rinse the carrots. Lay out the foil- about 2 feet of foil. Spread the carrots first, then potatoes, then onions. Grab the beef and make chunks meat ball and spread around the master piece. Wrap up the foil, put on the grill for about 30-40 minutes.

 
Handle with care upon taking off the grill, steam and juices are hot! Spoon onto plates and enjoy. This is a hit in our house and we can't wait to do it again soon.
 

Prepping the food!


Cooking and Enjoying the food!


Football: Well, Ben is again coaching football! This year he is a Bluffton! Where I teach and he is working with some of my great friends and it has been so nice for some of my students to have him as a coach and for our friend circle grow. He is the wide receiver coach- check out the website: www.blufftonfootball.com 

Well school starts in a few weeks, so I am getting ready with digital curriculum and my school website. All the students this year will have iPads so I am very excited at the projects ahead of me as a teacher and leader!
 
Copyright © Burman BragCREATED BY ThemeShine