×
Quiet Baby, Scared Mom.

Quiet Baby, Scared Mom.

Amelia has been venturing out to new spots in the house. Our days of putting her on her blanket and then finding her on said blanket are long gone. She crawls towards new things, things that can go in her mouth. I will go to switch the laundry, pee, get a drink, or just look the other way and she has zoomed into the next room and has started putting a finger in an outlet. Oy. Parent fail.







My great friend Holly and I have started something new for Lent. Instead of giving something up, we are starting something together. We eat lunch together (it started out as a pumping party, and now that I am no longer breastfeeding, Holly pumps and I keep her company) and we decided to start a devotional together.

Today the devotional was titled "Five Prayers for Your Daughter". I just loved the message and I even cried a bit. I pray for Amelia everyday, and I pray that I will be a good mom to her and a great wife to her father. I try to be in control all the time, and this article was a reminder that I am NOT in control God is, and well, that is better than I could ever do.

Proverbs 31 is obviously one of my favorite scripture verses and the article quoted a portion that made me proud to be a woman and proud that I will be able to raise a Godly woman:

"Let her walk in the security of Your assigned worth to her. Give her a strong work ethic and health to accomplish all her tasks. Give her a heart that desires to extend her hand to those in need. Protect her for the right husband, a man of respect and godly honor. And let her be a woman of joy and laughter whose Christ-centered character is what makes her most beautiful" - Proverbs 31

If you would like to read more devotionals or just follow along with Holly and I follow the button below, this is a woman based devotional but, let me say that the words would move anyone, even men.

P31 Daily Devotions
Copyright © Burman BragCREATED BY ThemeShine