×
Burman Banana Bread

Burman Banana Bread


I love alliteration.

We have been away from home for roughly four days. I had bought bananas from Costco forgetting that we would be gone for so long. When we returned home from our mini-vaca, it was clear that I needed to make banana bread or toss the bananas. I made bread this morning. My favorite recipe yields one loaf, but I had more bananas than that, so I doubled the following recipe. As I type this we are almost already through the first loaf and it has only been 4 hours since I pulled it out of the oven. Amelia loves banana, and she loves warm bread. Combine the two and I can't keep her away.

Ingredients

4 ripe bananas
1/3 c melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups flour
pinch of salt

Directions

Preheat oven to 350°

In a medium bowl, mash your bananas with a fork and mix in the melted butter.
Add the sugar, egg, and vanilla and mix in with fork or wooden spoon. Stir in the baking soda and salt. Mix in the flour, a little at a time. Mixture will be slightly chunky.

Pour batter into a 9x5 stone loaf pan or greased loaf pan of your choice (glass or nonstick is okay). Bake for 60-70 minutes until edges are brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out (mostly) clean. Note, there will be batter still on the stick, the bread will continue to cook for a while after pulling out oven. Be sure to let the bread rest and cool before cutting into it! That always seems to be the tough part of baking.

No comments

Copyright © Burman BragCREATED BY ThemeShine