×
Mwah

Mwah

During busy moments in the Burman family, I try to remember details so that I can share them here. This blog has been so great for family and friends, but more for me! A journal of sorts, and a record of fun events in our lives. There are so many pictures, videos, and memories of things I might have forgotten. This was a busy week, but the things I want to share a rather simple. Funny how that works out huh?

Amelia gets dropped off where I work, Bluffton High School, around 2:50 each day. She comes into the building and basically demands my (and everyone else's) attention. I honestly don't mind this at all. She provides me with a break from the chaos that is my teacher life. Sometimes I even have students come for help while she runs around my room, plays with magnets, or watches Frozen on my SMARTBoard. I love her and wish I could just bring her to school all day. 

One of my coworkers has taken a liking to Amelia, Mr. Price, and well.... Amelia LOVES him. When he comes walking down the hall she points at him, walks toward him, and lifts her arms to be picked up. I have never seen a kid like him so much! He stole a balloon for her this week. This video shows what then took place in my classroom when I should have been grading. 



Amelia also loves coloring now and it has become a "get home and let mommy relax" activity. She also loves to watch cartoons in the evenings. After dinner and bath time (then chasing a naked baby around) we let her lay on the ground and watch some Disney cartoon to wind down. I just can't get enough of her personality. She has a temper, but an even sweeter heart. Last night, Ben was at the football game, and it was time for bed. She was late to bed because we stayed up and FaceTimed Pappy and the crew. So there were tears and flailing around. I just held her across my body while humming, then she did something out of blue. Never before has she done this and it made me cry mommy tears.

Amelia took her little hands, grabbed my face gently and gave me three soft kisses on my nose. They were puckered up kisses with a small whisper of 'mwah, mwah, mwah' then she laid her head on my chest and calmly relaxed. 

Needless to say, I tried to hum through the tears and that was useless. God has blessed me with such a beautiful daughter and I am beyond excited to see her grow and mature. I pray I can lead her in a way that she will never forget how to show gentle love like she did last night. 





Copyright © Burman BragCREATED BY ThemeShine