×
Amelia the Artist

Amelia the Artist

In the last three months Amelia has blown me away with her creativity. Her story telling, her understanding of jokes, her love of playdoh and making me cakes etc.

He skills have also grown as an artist. Drawing specifically is what has floored me. She is a child who draws what she loves and sees each day.

I thought I would share a few from this past week, I must also take a moment to thank Shelly Green for loving Amelia and giving her this outlet while she cares for her during the day. I love so much to open the daycare bag and find artwork!


She told me this picture is of her friends Graham, Reid, and Baby Davis, they are giving high fives. She then told me Graham got mad at her so she colored him out since they weren't friends. I was supportive of this aggression verses her hitting him.



Amelia got a scissors and crafts box for Christmas. This is great since I had recently been worried about her scissors skills because I NEVER let her near them. Great news, she cut 50% of this out and the glued it down and added stickers to complete the look. She them exclaimed, "Mommy, it is you with my hair!"


Simple self portrait with a signature... in her favorite color of course.


Get ready to cry. Here she drew a family picture, mommy and daddy are hugging on the left and Harrison is at mommy's leg (per usual) and Amelia has her favorite doll (purple blob on the right). Amelia said she wanted me to have this so I don't forget family. When did she turn 40? I love her heart. I also want to state for the record, kids see so much, shouldn't it be full of love!


She told me this was her, watching me. So... freaking... creepy. Notice the eyes, she has figured out that we all have pupils so you need to have more than one circle in the eye.

I will be sure to post some of Harrison's artwork, just as soon as he stops eating the crayons, markers, chalk, paint, and paper. It could be a while.

Here is a picture of the artist at work... or should I say Mermaid, whatever gets the creative juices going sister.


No comments

Copyright © Burman BragCREATED BY ThemeShine