×
Give Thanks

Give Thanks

This year we are practicing some new traditions. I love making new memories, but leaving behind old traditions can be hard. I was so thankful to be able to open our home and host my very first Thanksgiving. I had a lot of help from Ben, he smoked the turkey, and Rosemary, she helped with sides, and my SIL Lindsay, she did everything I seemed to be lost in doing.

I really enjoyed decorating and preparing for the meal. I did not like being stuck in the kitchen, or as I call it: the cock pit of the house. It is small and impossible to feel part of the party. I am hoping to have a new kitchen in a few years! That might make the cooking part a bit more enjoyable. 

Ben's parents, Rosemary and Steve, are living with us as the renovate their lake home. They both retired this past spring and sold their home of 30+ years. After the sale they moved in with us and have signed the contract to begin the gutting of their old cottage to make it more of a forever home. 

We were able to host Ben's sister and her family - the cousins play so well and giggled and ran around the house the entire afternoon. We are also celebrating and super thankful for their newest addition, Adah. They are currently waiting for the call to get on the plane and get their daughter from India. What an exciting time, and stressful! It will be helpful to have my in laws close to help with the cousins and getting everything ready for Adah's homecoming. 

We have so much for which to be thankful. 

Cheers to the holiday season and the moving from pumpkin creamer to peppermint mocha. 














No comments

Copyright © Burman BragCREATED BY ThemeShine